Writer- Melissa Kyeyune | NGO- Water For People | Country- Uganda | SDG- Goal 6, Clean Water and Sanitation | Year- 2017 | SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation | It is 4:30 pm in the Soroti Branch of Post Bank. In the front office, a wife reminds her husband of their surname as he fills in a form, while a backpacking tourist explains to a clerk that he has to be in Tanzania the next morning. The lines are long and the conversations are many. But tucked away behind the main building is the more tranquil ‘Loans Section’. Here, clients bow their heads in concentration, quietly looking over forms explaining the loan they are about to take out. Most are farmers from the surrounding villages. They speak in lowered voices, asking the woman with a warm smile what the questions mean. Scovia Akoth, the Group Lending Credit Officer is always ready to answer any query, and she loves her job. “I used to work in the front office and then I was moved here. I love it here in the Loans Section,...
Comments
Post a Comment